Sunday, June 16, 2013

Getting Ready....

OK, 2 days to go until I arrive in NYC for my orientation!!! I'm getting pretty pumped now! All my bags are packed and I'm pretty much ready to go, so everything is coming together perfectly.
I finally learned my host family too! The Basnak family lives right in the center of Izmir, and sound like a perfect fit for me. They have one son, Safak, who is my age and an older daughter. I've already started messaging Safak over Facebook and I've found out he likes the TV shows Seinfeld and Whose Line is it Anyway?, So its pretty much like I'll never leave home. I've also checked out the neighborhood they live in, and it seems full of historical buildings and seaside cafes. Suffice to say, it sounds like this trip will be in paradise. Their form said they like to run, swim, play basketball, and go to the beach and movie theaters as well. I'll update again when I get to New York. As Rick Steves would say, "Happy Travels!"

No comments:

Post a Comment